Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Long is Long Enough?

Today I was driving in the car and my thoughts started to randomly wander. I thought about (no clue as to why) how sometimes when people die at an earlier age, people often say things like "They were so young!", "Their life was cut short", "They had so much more living to do". In thinking about this, I was left with the following question- at what point is someone deemed old enough to die without being too young? 62? 76? 84? At how many years is it considered that you've gotten enough of your fill that if you were to die it's not as much of a loss? Is there a point in your mind that you think "Yeah, if I make it to that number I'm good to go." Many people will say it's not as much about years as life experience. But to that I would say, if you did everything there was to do by 50 would you be ok with taking your final bow?

All I know is that I hope there's always more living to do. I will go when it's my time as will all on this earth. But I hope there is always so much more living to be done even if I've reached the acceptable age for kicking it.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

Hey there :) I added to my comments re: our reunion.
Hugs,
Nik