Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Everybody's Doing It

For quite some time I had been wrestling with a great issue regarding Sophia- bangs or no bangs. While seeming quite practical, I have seen many a child defaced by a bad set of bangs. My original thought was that I would let the hair keep growing so that it would just get tucked behind the ear. Better to go through the painful process of growing out bangs when one is too young to have lasting memories. However, as she is not a fan of the hair clip, bangs would mean being able to see the world more clearly.

Having spent the good part of years 9 through 17 with bad hair and never wanting that pain and horror inflicted on my child, I decided that I would consult with an expert. At my next salon appointment in the city, I relayed my bang worry to my stylist Breegan. After my appointment was over, she kindly analyzed Sophia's hair we decided that due to growth and pattern, bangs would ultimately be best.

Breegan kindly offered to cut them for S (which is what I had secretly hoped for), and was able to get several good snips in before S decided that sitting in the hair chair was not for her. I finished it up at home.

And the finished product I think turned out quite well.
Before:

After:

2 comments:

Sheri E. said...

Very cute. I think she looks adorable.

Once again, Karen--not Sheri

Laura said...

I love her bangs. I remember thinking on Saturday that her bangs were very cute and stylish. Very cute with the pigtails too.