Because we are part of the San Francisco Stake, we got to do our clean up project in Golden Gate park. We met in Marx Meadow to await assignment and Sophia kept herself occupied by requesting I take pictures of herself and then show them to her.
Then it was off to child care at the park for Sophia and Warren and I got to work. We were assigned with several others from our ward a patch of hydrangea plants. This area had been so overrun that when we first began, you couldn't tell the hydrangea plants from the weeds. After a few hours and some faithful digging,
we eliminated those weeds and got the area looking pretty good.
We had a good time working together as well as competing over who was the more effective weeder
The morning ended back in Marx Meadow where we had the best burritos ever courtesy of our Stake President's favorite little taqueria over on 25th. Warren and I concluded that while it was wonderful to feel apart of a greater good and give back to our community, the burritos alone would have made it worth it. And for Sophia, her day was made when she got to don the yellow vest and chase a doggie all around the meadow.
3 comments:
That was a fun project and those burritos really were good! (I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!)
Hey, we participated in Mormon Helping Hands that day too! It's neat to think that it was happening all across the state.
Sounds like yours was a little more organized than ours though. How nice that there was child care at yours. Our kids helped carry some sticks to the dumpster for a while, but I ended up on playground duty while Nate worked.
Ok, so the picture of you sticking your tongue out at W was so funny and cute!! I am so glad that I am pretty much professional at photography:) You're welcome:)
Post a Comment