There are lots of things I wanted or felt that I needed to do before my date to "pop". And it's funny how based on what one is experiencing in life and how one's mind works what becomes important. Before Sophia was born, I wanted to have the baby's laundry ready and I wanted to see a movie with friends. This time around it's important to me that I have the room totally ready and decorated, that Sophia have a fall wardrobe purchased, washed and in her closet, that the house be clean and that we have enough toothpaste. Neither time has packing the hospital bag been very high on the readiness list...last time Warren packed it while I was in labor (this time I at least have a bag started with a list). Both times times though there has been one thing very high on the list- a final pedicure. Some may laugh, but the way I look at it is if I'm going to be staring at my feet for a period of time while I'm pushing a kid out of me, I want to somethine nice to look at. In fact, for my pedicure before Sophia, I put great thought into the color I chose wanting to find a color that would be pleasing and not too irratating.
Right after I finish writing this post, I am leaving to get my final pre-baby pedicure. I am pleased to report that the room is fully ready and decorated, that Sophia's clothes hang neatly in her closet, we have plenty of toothpaste and toilet paper and detergent and...you get the picture. Once I come home from my pedicure, I will be fully ready and feel like the baby is welcome to come at anytime. The hospital bag may still not be fully packed and I may not know exactly who Sophia will stay with when contractions start, but I will sleep well tonight feeling ready with my pedicure!
3 comments:
I agree! Pedicures are essential! Since I was on bed rest for a week in the hospital before Cole came, my sweet mom came and did one for me so that my toes would look pretty whenever he decided to come!
Hope you are doing great! Hugs -- Tracy
Soooo exciting & oh so close!!
I totally got a pedicure the day before. I must be a family thing. And in the hospital, did I get compliments on my hospital bag? No, but people sure loved those toes! :)
Post a Comment