Friday, January 6, 2012

Practical

Dear reader- I thought I would share a current situation as a way of giving insight into the crazy workings of my mind.
On my counter sits a little white box in which is contained a wonderful and glorious item. My new cellphone- an iPhone 4S. I have been told this item will change my life, make my world brighter and I just won't know how to function without it. Wherein lies my quirk? The cellphone arrived days ago. I haven't used it yet because my case has not yet arrived. And I am nothing if not sensible and practical. As much as I really want to use that iPhone, and believe me I really do, there is this practical voice in my head saying "You can't use that thing if it's not protected. It's just not a wise idea." And sadly no excitement is ever strong enough to override that voice.

I am the queen of delayed gratification. When I'm given money, I put it into my savings account so I can properly decide when and how to spend it. I gingerly open presents relishing every moment and would never think to open a Christmas or birthday present even an hour early. I eat a cinnamon roll from the outside in because the best part (the middle) must be saved for the last bite.

And now to add to that list, I am the woman with a brand new iPhone who isn't using it because her Otterbox case hasn't arrived yet. Darn you practicality!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: