On Sunday May 11, 2008 I celebrated my first Mother's Day. My husband did an excellent job of making me feel special that day. (I of course expected nothing less from him as he does a terrific job on birthdays and holidays and also because I gave birth to his child on the hallway floor so he owed me big time.)
The day started off with breakfast in bed. Warren made me French Toast, had two kinds of melons, and even got Chocolate Soy milk for me (because of the dairy free diet). Chocolate soy milk doesn't even compare to the real thing, but it was so sweet that Warren tried.
Then it was off to church. Sophie was fairly well behaved that day and so I was able to enjoy all of the meetings. When we got home, I got presents! I received a card from Sophie--she apparently dictated to Warren what she wanted written and also included an outline of her hands and a wet spot from her drool. She also gave me a picture of herself. Normally that would seem like a conceited gesture for someone to give you a picture of themselves but when it's from your child somehow it because one of the greatest gifts. Warren gave me a gift certificate to the Bliss Spa in San Francisco so that I can get a massage or some other form of pampering. It was probably the best gift he could have gotten me and I am so excited to schedule my appointment! All in all it was a wonderful day and I felt thankful for the mothers before me and for the opportunity that I now have to be a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment