The week of May 12th it got hot. Not just hot like "wow it's really warm outside and I'm going to wear shorts", no it was "every pore of my skin is dripping with sweat and I want to die because I live in an oven" hot. Those of you who live outside of the Bay Area are probably poo-pooing me right now and think that I am like ever other Californian and complaining about weather when we live in a mediterranian climate that goes from cool to warm. While I might be willing to concede that we do complain and our weather is overall much nicer then many other places so we really shouldn't be complaining, may I offer the following in our defense:
1. When you live in a perfect place you come to expect it to continue to be perfect and are therefore angered when it is no longer perfect.
2. Because it was assumed that it's usually nice here, no residence was built with air conditioning. Many of the shops/restaurants also don't have AC.
3. I have to pay over a million dollars for a freaking house. I should be able to have perfect weather and when I don't, I have paid for the right to complain about it.
Reason number 2 is the basis for my complaining on this particular week. My apartment is like a green house- I have glass for one of the walls, the sun beats in and I fry. On days when it gets to be 90+ outside it feels like 100 in my house. So all measures are used to keep cool.
To the untrained eye, this looks like a shower. But this becomes a pretty awesome kiddie pool on a hot day. Sophie and I went "swimming" alot those days.
Thankfully, the heat only lasted a few days. I dread August when it will really get hot and will stay that way.
2 comments:
She's getting chubs...I love it!!!
Um, Until you actually pay for the house, you technically haven't bought the right to complain about anything.
Post a Comment