Like Tevye, the Sebra household believes firmly in traditions and none are so unchangeable as the traditions around Christmas time. The holiday season kicked off with the annual chopping of the tree in the Santa Cruz mountains. And like every year, we must hike up and down several mountains until we circle back and finally decide that the first tree we saw was our favorite. This is followed by the celebratory chocolate milk and donut tailgate.


Being able to share your traditions with your kids is probably one of the coolest parts of being a parent. Sophers loved all the trees.
Being able to share your traditions with your kids is probably one of the coolest parts of being a parent. Sophers loved all the trees.
I am pleased to report though that it took a mere fraction of the usual amount of time to actually get the tree in the house and position it in the tree stand thanks to my wonderful father who came up to apartment to help out. Anyone who has tried to put up a Christmas tree before knows that you really have to have three people to get it up- one person to hold the tree trunk, one person to work the little screws on the tree stand and one person to stand back and tell whether the tree really is straight.
The finished product.
That's right, those are real presents underneath the tree. I don't want to brag or anything, but I'm done with my Christmas shopping :) Funny how you really get to enjoy wrapping presents when you do it one at a time instead of all at 10pm on Christmas Eve.
5 comments:
We're going to go get a tree for FHE tonight. I'm so excited. I do not, however, have all the presents to put under it. Way to go!
I love Sophie's tongue sticking out. :) lol Gotta love it! And I'm almost done with the shopping. I only have a few wrapped though.
Bethany,
Good to hear from you. I love your little family. Sophie is really cute. I love her cheeks! Hope all is well with you, and the rest of the family.
Merry Christmas :)
Glady
Lucky! I would love to have the real pine tree smell in my house, but unfortunately we have a fake tree. I am very impressed that your shopping and wrapping is finished. That leaves lots of time for Sophie to unwrap and rewrap and unwrap all of them several times. ;)
BTW, thanks for your nice email. It meant a lot. Mommyhood is the best and hardest job there is!
See you Friday at the Ritz!
HEy!!! I just wanna tell you that your baby girl is so beautiful! I just love looking at her pictures!!! Here is my email address email me your address and I can send you my address if that is ok.? klalewis@hotmail.com
Post a Comment