Monday, January 11, 2010

Best Book

In our family, Sophia has many nicknames and one of them is "The Hulk". Why? A certain little girl who stands no taller than knee high occasionally shows anger the size of a 200lb man. When she gets really mad, she grits her teeth, clenches her firsts and shakes her body while yelling ala the Incredible Hulk. Now the majority of her days are filled with sweetness and unending kisses for Mommy and Daddy, but...when Sophie gets angry, she gets angry.

A week ago I was at Barnes and Nobles doing a few exchanges and looking for a new children's book. As my eyes skimmed the shelves, I suddenly saw the following book cover:

I had myself quite a good laugh out loud right there in the middle of the store and promptly bought the book. It's actually a wonderful story and great teaching tool to discuss how to deal with anger. Although I honestly only bought it for the irony.

The greatest thing is that it's one of her favorite books to read right now. The funniest thing is that she was reading a book the other day and starting to rip a page, perhaps accidentally, but possibly in anger. And which book did she rip in anger- oh yeah, the one about how Sophie gets angry :) :)

3 comments:

staci said...

Too funny. We just checked this one out from the library before Christmas. I read it with too much gusto though and Siena would not let me read it to her after that.

Erika said...

It is a really cute book.

Karen C. said...

What a fun thing for Sophie to have a book with her own name in the title. I really can't believe that your adorable little angel Sophie could ever get mad like the Incredible Hulk. She looks entirely too cherubic!