This year being my first year out of the Bay Area, I have a new appreciation for the song "I'll Be Home For Christmas" or at least the sentiment of the song. I am really really excited to be going home for Christmas and seeing my family. As a child, it's was the lure presents and the buzz of Christmas morning that would excite me. But now I can honestly say that I'm as excited, if not more, for that day not too long from now when we'll hop off the plane and see my parents and brothers again. We'll drive up to their house and I'll see all the people and things that I grew up with and associated with Christmas.
It's only been a few months since I moved away, but the feeling of going home is just as good and exciting as if I had been away for years. It's always good to go home...
I'm dreamin' tonight of a place I love
Even more then I usually do
And although I know it's a long road back
I promise you
I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
If only in my dreams
No comments:
Post a Comment