In the playroom on our wall of pictures is a photo of Sophia in a fuchsia dress when she was 10 months old. Today Eleanor was wearing the same dress and happens to be 10 months old. So I decided to take a pic of Eleanor and compare the two girls.
Here is Sophia (December 2008)
And here is Eleanor
Sophia clearly got the fast hair growing hair genes. (Her pic was also in a studio vs. Eleanor's done by home camera.) Their noses are definitely different. Eleanor's hair is typically straight, until it gets a little wet or sweaty and then it has a bit of curl. Fingers crossed I'll get one with curls.
People always comment on how they look so much alike...and I guess I can see the connections that make them sisters. But they are just so different to me.
As a side note, Eleanor has developed a recent love of baby dolls. She doesn't seek them out in the pile of toys (she's too intent on tipping over the art easel or ransacking the pots and pans drawer) but when she sees a doll, she grabs it and hugs it and rocks it back and forth.
A baby doll could be the perfect gift to give her for her birthday. The bad mommy inside me doesn't want to though because I'm pretty sure she'd make it her new lovie...and the stuffed elephant she has already is just so much cuter than a plastic doll. I think I might still try to secretly control her choices while I still can :)



2 comments:
Cute pictures. I love the ones with Eleanor and her doll. Its funny how much us moms sometimes want to "influence" our kid's choices. I'm pretty sure that "bad" mommy inside of you will always be there! But children always manage to exert their little personalities and somehow that is pretty cute too.
Eleanor and Sophie are very different, I think, in their looks. But they are both so adorable!
I love both those little girls - and just think it's great that the fuchsia dress gets to be worn again so soon. Yes, I agree, they have different features ... but clearly from the same stock - a strong family sisterly connection. I say give her the doll - you're only one once! but I'm a bit of a sucker of a mom:).
Post a Comment