Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good Tools Make All The Difference

The week before I had Sophie, I had a list of 17 things that I wanted to accomplish before the baby was born. I accomplished 15 out of the 17 items before the baby came. The two that were left: packing the hospital bag and getting the house cleaned. After the baby came, I wasn't about to try and clean the house in my spare time- I had sleep to catch up on- so before we had family in to town one weekend, I hired cleaning people to come and clean my house. They did a great job, but they broke my vaccum. Or what I should really say is that the vaccum broke while they were using it. Since that time it has been sitting in my closet as I contemplated what I could do to fix it. Well, my handy husband took a look and realized the belt on the vacuum had broken. Being quite the man around the house, he yahooed (that's for you Benj) where a vaccum store was, purchased a pack of belts, and put that vaccum back together. Sophie was napping at the time of the vaccum reassemble so it wasn't until later that I was able to do a quality check on Warren's work. I flipped the switch and my vaccum literally roared to life! It had more power and spunk to it then I ever remember it having in the past several years. I started to vaccum and soon found myself running around the house looking for more spaces to vaccum. It was then that I realized that it wasn't that I didn't like cleaning my house, I had just been using inferior tools. I was amazed that I was actually enjoying myself and having fun vaccuming. I can only imagine what would happen if I owned a Dyson...

4 comments:

The Shane's said...

bethany! you are a freak! hee hee! i'm the same way! i love my dyson! korban bought me the pink one!!!

Larsen's said...

Oh, don't get me started on vacuming. Ask Ambyr N. sometime. Let's just say OCD and vacuming equals me!

Betsy said...

It'll wear off--trust me!

Russell said...

Um, I hate to rain on your attempt at verbifying obsolete words but current speculation is that once Microsoft buys Yahoo the company will be disolved. You might want to talk to a few more people before you try to pick another winner like that. Maybe you could start convincing people to say they are going to VHS a show instead of Tivo it. I bet your success rate will be slightly higher because odds are, VHS will still be used in rural communities a year from now but Yahoo will be Micrahoo. Tell Benj he can't hate Google for being superior.