I went down to the Bliss Spa on Third in San Francisco. Upon check in, you change into a super soft robe and then hangout in the lounge where you get to sip fu-fe lemon water, and eat cucumbers, crackers and brownies as you wait for your treatment to begin.

I was scheduled for a "Blissage 75"- aka a really long body massage. While I have always loved the idea of professional massages, I have been a bit leery of actually getting them as I am quite ticklish on my back. Having now been kneaded by the magic hands of "Lori C.", I realize that I must not have been going to the right spa before. The massage was pure heaven and she knew exactly what to do to work out the kinks and not have me writhing on the floor.
The bliss did not stop at the massage. The shower in the change room was awesome! It had one of those huge elephant sized shower heads hanging from the ceiling pre-set with perfectly warmed water. Standing underneath was like getting a massage all over again. I have decided that one day when I have a house, my master bath will be modeled after the Bliss Spa.
The afternoon was amazing, leaving me relaxed and recharged. And it only got better when after paying my tab, I realized I had just enough left on the gift card to go back and get a manicure. Pure bliss! Thanks again honey :)
6 comments:
That is such an awesome gift! I love the relaxing feeling after being pampered. I think I've even experienced one of those shower heads at a nice hotel before. They are awesome.
Awesome present!! Perfect for a new mommy! Massages are the BEST!!
"Enough left to go back and get a manicure"!?! Good job Warren! So happy for you Bethany.
Nice! You deserve it!
I'm so jealous. I think I know what I want for Valentine's Day!
That sounds so nice...I missed out on that one :)
I need to call you, we didn't make it out today. Hopefully the Exploratorium wasn't too hectic for you and Sophie.
Post a Comment