Happy 2011! As 11 is one of my lucky numbers, I fully expect this to be a great year. However last year I got a house and a new baby so it may be hard to top.
I wanted to start this year off with a post about something special. It all began years ago....My parents were friends with a couple named Bob and Donna Nash- if fact my dad and Bob worked together for a period of time. They had a boy named Paul who was my age. Paul and I grew up together- when we were young we'd see each other at the local church building or birthday parties and as we grew, it was school and seminary. There was also that large block of time in middle school and in to high school where we were sworn enemies and would tease each other mercilessly. (I still remember how I wrote a fake love note pretending to be Ashley, the girl he liked, and slipped it in his locker. It was mean, but in my defense it was his friend Ryan Menda's idea.) Senior year we started to mature and become nicer to each other. We also shared the "honor" of being named Senior "Goody-Two Shoes".
Fastforward a few years, Paul turned out to be a good guy and a good friend. Icing on the cake, he met this awesome girl named Amy and married her. It's been fun over the years getting to know her even better. I'm not going to say she's my favorite thing about Paul...but she's pretty cool :) Bottom line, the two of them are great quality people.
Why the story? Well Paul and Amy need everyone's help. They are trying to adopt and the best way for them to find their kid as quickly as possible is for as many people as possible to spread the word that they are trying to adopt. So click that button on the right hand side and check out their adoption blog. Read more about them. Talk to people about them. Tell other people to check out their blog. Spread the word as much as you can. You never know--you may know someone who knows someone who knows someone who is going through an unexpected time and isn't sure if it's the right time to parent.
I know I'm going to do everything I can to help my friends become parents.
1 comment:
Ryan was such a bad boy!
What a nice post :)
Post a Comment