Thursday, June 23, 2011

Staring Down the Barrel

Every couple of weeks I see on facebook that another one of my friends or some I went to high school with has had a birthday. This year is the year for all of us. The year of 30. The more I see other birthdays pass by, it means only one thing- it's getting closer to my birthday.

I don't really have any hang ups about turning 30. I don't feel like it's that much of a milestone, or that it makes me old, or all that other stuff I hear. I don't feel the need to lie about it. It's really just a number.

The only thing I feel is the need to celebrate in grand way... or rather, because it seems like it's supposed to be this big milestone, I feel like I have to do something really special. I feel like I can't just do what I've done before and that it would be silly not to make a big deal of it. Like I would look back with regret.

So now I'm left with the dilemma of what to do. What should I do? What do you think a proper 30 year celebration looks like? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

4 comments:

Petersons said...

Buy a new outfit, no holding back. shoes, bag everything!! Then plan a girls weekend or something! You deserve it! Those are my only suggestions other than getting drunk and arrested which is what people do where I come from...whatever you do never visit the tri-cities!:)

Nikki Menda said...

I hear you, girlfriend! Christy and I are running off to Cabo for ours. I'm a fan of that idea :)

meagan said...

Come to Lviv - or a sail boat:)

Laura said...

It is also my year. I didn't do anything grand, but still haven't ruled out the idea that I need to. :)

A friend of mine that turned 30 this year rented out a gymnastics place and a bunch of couples had a ball bouncing the evening away. It was a lot of fun!