On Sunday Warren and I started talking about trampolines. Not the tiny exercise kind, but the big giant kind. As we talked about what fun they are, and how we each had one growing up, I raised the question as to whether or not there is a link between Mormons and the trampoline industry. Warren thought I was ridiculous at first, but then as we started to go through all our friends and our parents friends, we started seeing a trend. While not every Mormon we know has a trampoline, every trampoline owner we know is a Mormon. I can't think of a single friend through any of my schooling that wasn't Mormon but had a trampoline. (And while I did go to school with a few other members of my church, most everyone I knew was not a member.)
So as we went to bed that night, our minds were kept awake with thoughts like "Does anyone other than Mormons (and the occasional gym/rec center) buy trampolines?" and "How is it that Mormons came to love the trampoline?"
These are the types of deep life questions that intellectuals like Warren and I spend time pondering.
5 comments:
I knew one Catholic who had one. But besides that, no other non-Mormon's :)
U could be on to something. We've seen tons here on our walks.
Nikki, are you thinking of Russ Anzalone? That's the only when I could think of.
Yup! Anzalone :)
Ha ha. Hope it didn't keep you up too late. Swimming pools are bigger where I grew up than trampolines ... but of the two traps I remember jumping at: Emily Farrell and Katie ? ... neither family was LDS:)
Post a Comment