-The House of Mucus- that's what we are right now. Sophia is just getting over being sick, Warren is 2/3 of the way done, Eleanor is at the beginning and I am smack dab in the middle. It is so hard when babies/young kids have a cold because you really can't do anything for them. You can't give cold or cough medicine, you can only ride it out with the occasional saline solution blast and rounds of the humidifier. Which really seem like they do nothing (I know, I know, in theory it's supposed to bring some relief, but it just doesn't seem like it does much). My cold dead heart just feels so bad when I look at my little baby with a puffy face and runny nose.
The only thing worse though is when I am sick having to take care of sick people. Not to be whiny or whoa-as-me, but there's no one to take care of you when you are sick if you are a mom. I don't get to stay home from work, I already am at home. So I just have to do the same things I normally always do, but feeling much crappier while doing them. And since both kids are at different stages of the cold and not in the throws of it, they both still have plenty of energy to run around and jump on me. It's just a period of time, in a few days this will all be over. It's just not fun.
-The Best- several Saturdays ago, in the morning, it was lightly raining but you could hear it on the rooftop. Warren and I were laying in bed, when Sophia bust through the door. As she was climbing into our bed, we could hear Eleanor
-Sneak Attack- I feel like we did a good job potty training Sophia. I mean I feel as though we taught her all the essential steps of how to use the toilet. But lately I've been doubting as to whether or not we emphasized the importance of the flush. You see we keep finding surprises in the toilet. She does a great job using the toilet, wiping, washing hands...it's that flush she keeps forgetting. We're going to have to work on that. In the meantime, I might decide to harness this power for evil and set Warren up. Nothing saying "I love you" like getting your kid to leave a full toilet for your spouse to find :)
-So Much Cheer- I think I did my Christmas shopping so earlier and efficiently that by the time December hit I had lost most of my holiday cheer. Going into December about half of my neighbors had lights on their houses. I had a meeehhh attitude about putting lights up as it was going to be work, it was only going to be up for 3 weeks or less, and most of our roof line is too high to be reachable so anything we'd do would look a little piecemeal. And then one day, 3 more neighbors had lights put on their house (that's right, hired a company to put lights up) and my Jewish neighbor put lights up!! I thought I at least had a comrade in her. At that point, I realized I had no choice but to light my house or officially be the Christmas grump. I decided that if we were going to do it, we were going to do it the fastest way possible. A staple gun for outside, duct tape for inside, and 4 light strands later, we had Christmas cheer going on. The classiest part? After putting lights above the garage and in two downstairs windows, I decided the upstairs needed some cheer. I had an extra strand of lights, how could I use it? Hmmmm... AH! Of course- drape it through the entryway chandelier. No better way to show the neighbors how classy we can be :) Sometimes my white trash shows a little bit.
2 comments:
Picture of the classy lights please! :) Sorry to hear you are all sick. I hope you feel better soon!
I kinda like the classy chandellier lights. :)
Post a Comment