During the winter months, things slow down. Well, a lot still happens, but it's the basic everyday stuff. Not as much the fun outings and special events. (Mainly due in part to tax season and Warren's work schedule.) In thinking of something to post about, I realized I should document some of the regular everyday things we do. When I look back on life, it will be fun to see the special outings; but as the majority of my time is spent on everyday minutia, I want to retain what that looks like as well.
I took pictures with my iPhone over the course of a week or so and here's what we have:
It was sunny and clear one day so we took a trip to the zoo. We try to go there a couple times a quarter. On this day, I made a big mistake in thinking that it would be warm because the sun was out. I underdressed the girls in sweatshirts; but the upside was that everyone got hot chocolate because wanted to make sure no one got hypothermia.
Sophia did a drawing of Nana and Papa. She loves to draw and usually creates a minimum of 1-2 artistic creations everyday.
I've had aches that come and go in my knees for quite awhile. I thought it could be a problem that originated in my foot, so I went to the podatrist and found out I have really bad feet. Or rather I need lots of support in my footwear. Mainly I needed to be wearing something instead of being barefoot all day at home. He suggested I get Birkenstocks. I secretly cried thinking I was going to have to wear something hippy-ish and outdated. Luckily I went to the store and found they had one slightly more modern design. Now my feet look like this most of the day.
One afternoon we discovered that Eleanor knows how to take off her diaper. It's a curious mix of disbelief, horror, nausea and laughter that fills you when your child has smashed poop all over their crib. I took this picture to text it to Warren. He works extremely hard, but I like to remind him that my job is nastier.
Sophia grabbed my phone and decided to capture the clean up.
Sophia's class took a "field trip" (they walked across the street to the grocery store with a post office attached) to send out some Valentine's mail.
I saw these quotes from her on the wall in her preschool class along with this self portrait
We spend a lot of time sitting at the table for meal time. Especially because Sophia likes to eat slowly. This evening she decided to make a bread beard with her piece of French bread.
Eleanor is the comedian. She is always trying to find ways to get people to laugh. Sometimes she laughs to get others to.
Sometimes it's by playing peekaboo
We do art projects. This day it was putting together Sophia's valentines for her preschool class- a foam animal with a certificate for a free donut from Krispy Kreme.
We also spend time dancing. This day she was a ballerina leaping and circling to classical music.
One morning we played hide and go seek. I tried to hide with Eleanor in the play tent. She was loud and gave our hiding spot away.
Warren and I are going to Kauai in May. I have started the search for a new bathing suit. My first round of options arrived from J.Crew. I did a fashion show for myself. I found several possibilities but haven't been able to narrow it to one just yet.
Unloading the car one day, I got Eleanor out of her carseat, I turned to get something and turned back to find her driving the car.
Warren and I celebrated Valentines the weekend before by going to see a movie (The Artist) and then going to dinner at Le Pigeon. We did the chef's tasting menu...and we actually ate pigeon. I loved that they served the curled up talon.
Warren is great at making breakfast. In fact I don't know anyone who can fry an egg as well as him. These days we don't have much time with him so it makes it extra special when we eat a nice breakfast all together on Sunday mornings.
Bathtime bunny. I love how Eleanor smells after bathtime and how her hair gets all fluffy.
1 comment:
I love this post. It is so easy to get caught up in the big events and forget that everyday life is so much more representative of what life is really like. Wonderful pictures! Your girls are so adorable. As for the pigeon, not sure I could have eaten it...
Post a Comment