Sophia is four years old. Her imagination is spectacular. Just now she came into the study with a red glow stick and a piece of fabric saying she was trying to be a frog with a slurpy tongue. She had changed into the greenest outfit she could find. I had to help her tie the glow stick to her face so it could be her slurpy tongue. I love how she just thinks and imagines and creates what comes to mind.
Last week, she had come downstairs with some pink yarn trailing behind her. When I pulled on the yarn and found it taunt, I asked her where the yarn was coming from. She informed me it was attached to a doorknob- her bedroom doorknob (which was around the corner, up the stairs and down the long hallway). Not sure this could be true, I followed the pink yarn; and sure enough found that it lead to her room. Only it didn't stop at the door, but went inside her room. Thinking I would find the end of the yarn as a ball on the floor, I opened the door and found an explosion of yarn. Pink yarn was crisscrossed throughout the room attaching from the closet door to the cabinet door, to the bedroom door, to another cabinet- twisting and turning back and forth. It was basically a human size spider web made out of yarn. Not even knowing what to think or how she could have possibly crafted this in the short time she had been in her room, I turned to her and asked her to tell me what she had done. "I made a spider web!" she said proudly. She had found yarn in the guest room during her quiet playtime, but I still don't know what got her from the ball of yarn to craft a lifesize web.
I am constantly amazed with what she can come up with....
A month or two back she made a triple bunkbed for herself, her dolly and her ducky.
Before preschool on a day when snow stuck, she told me she wanted to run through the snow so she could put her footprints in the lawn.
I noticed these on the bulletin board at preschool about a month or so ago...
Self portrait
No comments:
Post a Comment