Thursday, September 25, 2008

Adventures in Feeding

In late August, we began feeding Sophie solid foods consistently. Here is her first feeding:

As you can tell from the video and these photos

she was less than impressed with the taste that rice cereal had to offer and she didn't seem to enjoy the eating experience. We then decided to spice things up and offer her something a bit more appetizing- mashed sweet potatoes- yum yum yummy!She gobbled those right up which led me to believe that it wasn't that she didn't like eating, she just didn't like what we were offering :) I’d like to think she is already beginning to have a refined palate.

So far we have fed her sweet potatoes, sweet peas, pears, carrots, apples, peaches and prunes. She seems to like the prunes the best! She's just our little old man. She's also learning how to drink and has her own big girl cup. She loves to have this in her hands whenever we are drinking something- makes her feel grown up :)
The current challenge is she is starting to grab everything and she has learned to spit. One day after the feeding bowl almost went flying over the carpet, I decided I needed to even the game. So I buckled her arms into her chair- he he he.

Now if I could just find something that was see through with the coverage of a welding mask, I could deal with the spitting.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

reagan would not eat rice cereal either, except the kind with bananas, which she loved! She was also into all the fruits and veggies, too. I love the stage of giving them new foods!

The Shane's said...

ha ha ha! my mom used to wrap our arms in towels so that we couldn't wiggle or fling our food from our mouths! ha ha ha!