Friday, September 19, 2008

Becometh as a Child

Since I have become a parent, many points of the gospel have been put into perspective for me. I have learned lessons and had experiences that I never could have had were I not a parent. Our goal here on this earth life is to become more like our Father in Heaven- I think being a parent helps us get closer to that goal because we can start to see things from his perspective, a parent's perspective.

Today I had an experience that taught me a great lesson. I went into pick Sophia up from her nap and discovered that the sweet potatos I had fed her in the morning had not sat well with her, and she had thrown up all over her crib. I felt absolutely horrible that she had been sitting there napping in that mess. As I looked at her, she gave me a big smile and started babbling to say hello. There was not an ounce of bitterness or anger or malice for what had happened. She was completely forgiving of me and didn't blame me for anything. All I could see in her face was the love she had for me. In the scriptures we are told to becometh as a child- to be pure and meek and innocent. I can now say that I truly understand what that means.

2 comments:

The Shane's said...

i love that scripture! aren't our children the greatest teachers! this is totally the hardest job i have ever had. and when both girls are having 2 year old moments at the same time... i am reminded of what i think my biggest lesson in this earthly existence is... patience! sophia is growing so fast! enjoy every minute bethany and warren! i know you are!

Rob and Ashley Seymour said...

Hey Guys!! So Sorry you had to read our blog to hear our exciting news! Rob had sworn to me that he told you. I think that we forget who we've talked to about it. You little Sophia is getting SO big! WE miss you all, wish we could hang out...