Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome to Birthday Weekend

These are possibly some of my favorite words to hear and seeing as I only have one birthday a year, hearing them is a rare and therefore treasured treat. In my household growing up, the celebration of birthdays was a big deal whereas for Warren not so much. I have since converted Warren to my method of celebration and hence a weekend long of birthday fun has been created. Last Friday, I awoke to find a note next to the computer: And a birthday weekend it sure was. On Saturday, Warren took me to Raging Waters (quite possibly one of the most fun places on earth...for me any water park qualifies as one of the most fun places on earth.) Not only was the event planned but my smart little Warren thought of everything- he had even hired a babysitter for the whole day to come with us. It was fantastic, we rode the rides while our sitter watched the baby, and then I was able to come back intermediately to feed Sophie. On Sunday, Warren had promised a top notch meal by WRS Grilling Co. and boy did he deliver! Warren made slow cooked babyback ribs with fresh corn, squash and rolls.

Monday was Labor Day and was promised to be a day of "more fun!". We got sandwiches and went up to Golden Gate park to have a picnic at Stow Lake.
It was beautiful walking around the lake watching the paddle boats glide by. Sophie loved feeding the ducks the bread from our sandwiches :) After picnicking by the lake, it was off to the Japanese Tea Gardens. Sophie got all tuckered out at that point so she pushed her hat over her eyes and decided to take a little snooze :) Wednesday, September 3rd was my actual birthday and was foretold to be the "mystery day" by my birthday agenda of events. The first present that made that day special was that Warren took the day off work. I love having him home during the week, it always feels like such a treat. After making breakfast, Warren informed me that I had an appointment at noon. He had arranged for me to meet a group of friends for lunch at the Crepevine. How awesome is that? I had great fun meeting the ladies and it was extra special being able to leave the baby behind and just run out the door. When I got home Warren informed me of my next surprise- he was taking me to the mall to help me pick out new perfume (which was my birthday gift). It was so much fun going to the mall in the middle of the day and just wandering around with Warren. The mission was a success and I found a great perfume I love.
The evening was finished by dinner with my parents and an ice cream cake back at the house.
I loved every minute of my birthday weekend and feel so grateful to have such a thoughtful husband. Thank you thank you thank you W!

1 comment:

kenders said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! It's always nice to feel special! :)