Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tea for (a) Three (year old)

I enjoy planning parties/events/excursions/etc so I look forward to my children's birthday parties. It's something fun for them and something for me to plan. Best of both worlds. In trying to think what I could do for Sophia this year, I was inspired by my friend Jen who took her daughter to a tea salon for tea on her birthday. I loved the idea especially since Sophia has been all into tea parties since getting a tea set from Nana and Papa this past Christmas. I found a cute local company, Sweet Tea Parties, that throws tea parties in the attic of a quaint little house. Perfection.
Sophia and 7 little friends arrived on a Saturday morning for their tea party. After getting settled upstairs, it was story time and a short lesson on etiquette.  

 Then it was dress up time complete with fairy wings, tutus, crowns, and all kinds of sparkles & jewels
 I'm three! 
 Up to the table for a craft- decorating tiaras
 Eleanor looked on and dreamed of her future birthday parties
 After the craft, it was time for tea. Pink lemonade with a pink sugar dusting that is.
 There was lots to eat during tea time- chocolate bread, fruits, scones & teddy bear sandwiches
 Then it was time for birthday cupcakes, singing and making a wish
 Yum yum yum
Lastly the presents
The tea time group
  This was a great party. I hope she was old enough to remember it. But it's ok if she wasn't- then she won't mind if we do the whole thing over again. It was so cute, I just might have to.

No comments: