I have many fond memories of going on "date nights" with my parents when I was young; so it was definitely a tradition I wanted to continue with my own children. Sophia has finally gotten old enough to be an enjoyable companion for an extended period of time. A few months back, Warren took her to the movies to see the Winnie the Pooh movie. In October it was my turn.
I found out the Oregon Children's Theater was putting on a production of Pinkalicious the Musical. As Sophia loves the book series, I thought this would be the perfect introduction to the theatre. The night of the play we got all dressed up in pink.
As we walked through downtown to get to the theater you could see little girls dressed in pink everywhere. I was quite surprised at how well Sophia did during the play. While we still have to work on the volume level of her inside voice, she sat still the entire production and seemed to really enjoy it. Hopefully this will be the first of many date nights she'll want to go out with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment