Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weekends

Over the past month or so weekend activities have included...

Celebrating the Royal Wedding- I invited my friend Janet and her girls over for an English breakfast (aka I made scones) and we sat down to watch the Royal Wedding. To clarify, I wore my wedding veil as a joke, I'm not really that into things. And we did not watch it live- I had it recorded and then we watched in, or rather fastforwarded through it stopping and watching a few moments here and there. The girls thought it was very fun to dress up for breakfast and have a "picnic" in front of the tv.


Kite flying on a lovely warm Saturday in April. Our friend Kathy invited us and others to go kite flying at a state park for her birthday celebration. There wasn't a lot of wind, but Warren and Sophia got the kite up a few times. 
Our first Easter in our house included crockpot ham, homemade rolls, angel food cake for dessert, and an egg hunt in the play room (rain outside).
 The girls wore their Easter dresses from Papa
 We had our neighbors, the Yans, over for dinner and egg hunt

Our bulbs in the backyard finally bloomed. We got few tulips and a bunch of daffodils. It was a learning experience though as only half the blooms we planted actually came up. We have some more work to do before we can call ourselves legitimate gardeners.

I made my mom a shadow box for Mother's Day. She had given me a sweater for Eleanor to wear that I had worn when I was a baby. It held great memories for my mom as my great-grandmother has hand crocheted it. I took some pictures of Eleanor in the sweater and put a picture, the sweater and a tag with the sweater's linage into a shadowbox.
I found a note in my baby book that my great-grandmother had written to go along with a sweater she had made. I don't know that it was the card with this sweater, but I'd like to think what she said applied to everything she made: "there's love tucked into every stitch".
And I had a lovely Mother's Day. I got breakfast in bed, a beautiful necklace with charms from The Vintage Pearl, and some chocolates. And Warren didn't even mock me for eating half of them before lunchtime :) Dinner was fabulous salmon and veggies on the grill.
It was so tasty we have since decided that this summer is the summer of the grill. We are going to try bbq at least once or twice a week.

1 comment:

Petersons said...

You guys have been busy!! I love the flowers in your yard (you have a yard, yay) and I love the shadow box! I'm afraid little baby P's room is going to be full of those!! miss ya