Friday, May 27, 2011

Official Notice

Sweet Little Babe-
This is an official notice that your days (or rather nights) of waking up are going to be coming to a close soon. I love you very much...and I would love you even more if I could consistently get a good night's sleep. You probably don't know this, but I'm actually a really fun person. I normally have energy and like to laugh and play. But you don't know that side of me because for the last several months I've just been "survival mode Bethy".
I applaud your style- first lulling me into a false sense of security by sleeping through the night at such an early age only to then pull the rug out from under me by waking up multiple times a night as you got older. You wanted to show your dominance, your control- as I strong woman myself, I can respect that. But the time has now come for a battle of the wills. And darling girl, my will and desire for you to be a good sleeper is strong. You have stamina and I'm fully aware you will put up a good fight. But I will win the war.

Sincerely-
Your Loving Mother

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister in law and mother in law took Adalie for a week a few weeks ago, and we decided while she was gone to A. have Paige sleep in her room with her sister B. have her cry it out until she figured it out and C. take her binkie away. It was really tough the first night; crying for 5+ hours but the next night it was only a 1/2 hour and now she sleeps in her own crib, through out the night with out a binkie!!! I sleep fine now! :-) It is awesome!! Good luck with it! It is so worth it

Larsen's said...

Hee hee, this post made me laugh out loud - I love it! (this coming from someone, who, on weekends has to beg the kids to get up: "Come on guys, it's 10:30...you have been sleeping for 12 hours!" Good luck to you and your little girl and family...here are to some quiet nights and a restful mommy!
-Christina

Karen C. said...

She looks like an absolute angel in the picture you posted of her. I can't imagine that she could possibly be giving you any grief at all.

I remember the nights of sleep deprivation. Funny that the memory of the childbirth experience fades quicker than the memory of no sleep. Fight the good fight, Boo! I have confidence that you will win!!!!!!!!! (eventually...)